As temperatures drop these days, hopefully we are reminded of how blessed we are to have coats, sweaters, scarves and gloves to keep us warm. In our communities both in Arlington and DC, there are many who don’t enjoy these luxuries, especially come winter time.
That is why this season we are teaming up with Homeless Hope–a local Christian organization managed by individuals who have a passion to support the ministry of serving the neediest people in our area–in organizing a Redeemer coat/sweater collection drive, as well preparing food, toiletries and the coats themselves for distribution on the morning of Sunday, November 18th.
So what can you?
- You can look in your closets to see if you have any Men’s and Women’s coats, in good condition, that you no longer are using and would like to do donate to those in need around you.
- You can go thrifting or to your local Salvation Army store and purchase winter coats at a considerable discount–by yourself OR with your community group!
- You can help organize your friends, families and community groups to donate as a group!
- You can bring these coats or sweaters to church and place it in the marked box for the next four Sundays (beginning THIS Sunday, October 21st) before and after the service.
- You can volunteer to prepare and distribute meals, toiletry kits and coats on the morning of Sunday, November 18th (Prep Location: Ballston Crossfit)
Note: The box will be making its way to this year’s Redeemer Retreat, so definitely bring an extra coat to donate if you wish!
Stay tuned for other announcements and opportunities to serve! For any questions or to offer to help please email:
Dale Brown (dale at brownfamilydc.com)
Gay Brown (gay at brownfamilydc.com)
Josue Pinto (josue.pinto at gmail.com).
On Behalf of the Mercy Ministries Team