Redeemer Church of Arlington exists to make disciples of Jesus who integrate life with the gospel.
We believe that the gospel is comprehensive in scope, that it impacts and has application to every area of life. Because of this, Redeemer’s vision is to multiply and mature disciples of Jesus who integrate their lives with the gospel. And integration is simply this: we follow Jesus in everything. We follow him into his word, into his world, and into his church.
As disciples, we have been given new identities. Through the gospel, God has redeemed us from the identities we had at birth — under Adam — to new identities we have in Christ. We don’t do these things to become like Christ; we became and now we do. Walking in these new identities, Redeemer is committed to following Jesus through 5 core practices:
dependence: 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, 1 Corinthians 15:10, Colossians 1:10-12
- Under Adam, we depended upon our own strength and our own abilities.
- In Christ, we are now children of God who boast in our weakness and depend upon our Heavenly Father and his power in our lives.
community: John 13:35, Ephesians 4:14-16, I Peter 2:4-10, Galatians 6:1-2
- Under Adam we sought to build altars and communities that worship ourselves.
- In Christ we are builders of His church community who live life together.
word: Deuteronomy 6:4-9, Luke 4:4, 24:27, John 5:39, Acts 17:11\Col 3:16
- Under Adam we were students of false teachings and false words that perpetuated the lie that was started in the garden.
- In Christ we are students of His word.
deed: Mark 10:45, John 13:12-17, I Peter 4:10, Titus 3:1,8,14, Galatians 6:10
- Under Adam we sought to use our gifts, talents, time, resources in deeds that produce more for us even at the expense of others.
- In Christ we are servants in His world, bearing good deeds in our families and churches and being a faithful presence in our communities and vocations.
mission: John 17:20-23, John 20:21, Matthew 28:18-20, I Cor 9:22-23; 10:33, 2 Corinthians 5:20-21, Colossians 4:5-6, Philippians 2:15-16, I Peter 3:15-16
- Under Adam our mission was to make our name known.
- In Christ we are missionaries sent to reach our city through ordinary life with gospel intentionality and through planting new neighborhood-based, gospel-centered churches.